Check your insurance

Your insurance cover is likely to change if your building is classified as earthquake-prone. 

Contact your insurer if you receive an earthquake-prone building notice and discuss the implications for your insurance cover.

Review the insurance obligations in your other agreements or contracts, such as mortgage contracts. The insurance market is changing and insurance advice may affect your upgrade options.