Dominion Hotel, Timaru
The Dominion Hotel opened in 1912 at the Bay Hill end of Timaru’s Stafford Street. The façade is built in an English Renaissance style, with plastered brick and Oamaru stone detailing. The building is currently vacant and requires extensive work.
Heritage EQUIP funding will support the owners to commission:
- a detailed seismic assessment
- concept and then detailed structural design
- architectural oversight for the structural design process to ensure heritage values are maintained.
The owners aim to restore the building to its former glory and operate a boutique accommodation business from the hotel.