DC Turnbull, Timaru
The DC Turnbull is a complex of adjacent grain and wool store buildings constructed since the 1880s in varying architectural styles. The final building of the group is the two level administration building facing Strathallan Street. It was built to an Edwardian commercial classicism design by his architect brother, James Turnbull.
Three older brick and timber buildings adjoin the rear of the administration building and also incorporate an early 1900’s tramway, tunnel and siding. Heritage New Zealand recognise the complex as a Category 2 building.
A Heritage EQUIP grant will support the owners to secure:
- a three stage structural design package (concept, then developed, then detailed design), including geotechnical input
- a heritage impact assessment at the structural concept design stage, and ongoing heritage architecture input to the design process
- quantity surveying advice at both concept and detailed design stage
- support with consenting documentation.